Tuesday, April 5, 2011

D.I.whY?


Digital Illustration: Adobe Photoshop.
click on thumbnail to view larger image

My attempt to conform the original character sketch to the shape of a 4" mini Munny. I decided to invert the body's black & white tones from the original sketch to balance out the head. I'm happy with how it turned out, but I'm still a bit worried about how it'll look in 3 dimensions. This will be my first attempt at customizing a toy, with a year's worth of information gathering and prep work. Because it is my first time working on a D.I.Y. (Do It Yourself) Munny, I've decided to also work with acrylic paint markers as my choice of medium. Because the subject is so small, I'm hoping I'll have more control using the acrylic paint markers instead of brushes. Let's hope it works out...

No comments: