Monday, April 4, 2011

Domo Arigato, Mr. Muchacho


Pen, marker & liquid whiteout on paper.
click on thumbnail to view larger image

A character sketch I came up with while brainstorming for a design to use in kidrobot's MunnyWorld MegaContest, which runs from April 1st till April 30th. I wanted to incorporate some of the design/style themes from my Thought Processor paper toy colorway along with my reoccuring design themes. I thought it would be interesting to use graphic elements such as the linear hatched hair, the large panda patch eyes and swirl nose on a rounded surface of a mini Munny. He was turning into a Mexican luchador wrestler with the mask-like face and cape. The boxing gloves still fit in with the Mexican fighter theme, so I added the Sumo wrestling diaper for good measure...

No comments: